The 8 Best 2-Year-Old Toys for Your Favorite Little Boy
My son is officially a toddler. He has no lack of his own opinions. His fiery personality is in full force and he is mister independent. This year, his likes and interests are more established and he has very strong feelings about things. We are cleaning out the toy box of everything that didn’t keep his attention in favor of things we know he’ll love, and a couple of surprises. We don’t want to waste money on things that won’t last the rough and tumble attention of a very active little boy, so I’ve scoured the web in search of the best. So to help save you time and money I have rounded up a list of rigorously tested and approved toys for 2-year-old boys.
If you love this, don’t miss my roundup for 1-year-olds: The Best Toys for 1 Year Old Boys!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosures here.
Pretend play toys are awesome for a 2-year-old’s budding imagination and who pretend they are grown-ups like mom and dad (or Batman. Who doesn’t want to be Batman?)
- Melissa & Doug Let’s Play House Dust! Sweep! Mop! 6-Piece Pretend Play Set – My son LOVES to clean. Seriously. I wish I was as motivated. He often steals my duster and is such a big helper. The problem is he doesn’t like to share. With this set, everything is the perfect size for little hands and no sharing required.
- Toy Vacuum – Dyson Ball Vacuum With Real Suction and Sounds – This goes along with wanting to clean, but also satisfies a toddler’s fascination with loud toys (although this is much quieter and less annoying than some. I’m looking at you, Furby.)
- Little Tikes Splish Splash Sink & Stove – This is smaller than a full-sized toy kitchen, but it still satisfies a toddler’s fascination with kitchen play. A perfect toy for small spaces and allows kids to play safely alongside grown-ups in the kitchen.
- LeapFrog Scout’s Learning Lights Remote – While toddlers might not find this quite as cool as the real thing, it prevents accidental button pushes that result in foreign subtitles until dad gets home. Plus this introduces numbers and shapes, which my remote doesn’t do…
Active toys are so important to help toddlers burn off their excess energy. These are especially useful in the winter when it’s too cold to play outside.
- Little Tikes 3′ Trampoline – If your kid is bouncing off the walls, why not get them a toy where bouncing is safe and damage-free? I love that is compact and has a handrail to prevent falls and boo-boos.
- Little Tikes First Slide – This slide is perfectly sized for a 2-year-old and is sized for inside or outdoor play. My favorite feature? It folds up for easy storage, which is awesome when you don’t want your house to look like a Play Place.
- Little Tikes Easy Score Basketball Set – If you want to keep your toddler entertained for hours, this is your toy. I’m not really sure why this has such a hit, but I’m not complaining. It’s also height adjustable to grow with him or keep him engaged as he develops better hand-eye coordination. Watch out Micheal Jordan!
- Step2 Game Time Sports Climber – If you are looking for the one active toy to rule them all, this is it. Ladder, slide, basketball hoop, soccer goal, this toy has everything you need to wear your two-year-old out in time for his nap. You’re welcome.
So there you have it. Our list of the best toys for 2-year-old boys. When my son isn’t playing with chasing the dog or jumping on the couch, these are the toys my son loves most. I hope your little boy enjoys them as much as mine.
Now, it’s your turn. I’m always looking for ideas for new toys.
What is your toddler’s #1 favorite toy?
Wanting more outdoor toys for toddlers? Check out the 7 Hottest Outdoor Toys for One Year Old Boys.
Looking for more toddler reads? Check out the 30+ Best Fall Books for Babies and Toddlers for back-to-school, holiday, and more interactive seasonal books.
Lisa @ This Pilgrim LifeNovember 17, 2016 at 10:30 am
These are great! I have three boys, and a 2yo girl. So we have definitely seen our share of boys’ toys here! We have a little trampoline too– it’s so great for burning off energy in the winter months! And I know my kids would love that vacuum!
I just shared a list of our top ten toy suggestions for multiple kids– things safe for multiple ages and can be played with by multiple kids at a time. Some of our boys’ (and daughter’s) favorites are things like magnatiles, animal models, and simple wooden blocks. If you haven’t checked out magnatiles before, you should look into them! They are so much fun and would be fun for years!
AmandaNovember 17, 2016 at 10:37 am
Thanks so much for stopping by. I will definitely check out your toy suggestions. I love toys that can be played with for years!
AdreeNovember 18, 2016 at 9:20 am
I need to get the sweep, mop and dust set! My little man is always wanting to play with the real and not so clean broom and mop.
construction toys for 3 year oldsMarch 12, 2018 at 12:22 am
i like this post.is is really amazing post because Kids can learn in so many ways.These are great tips!please carry on new idea .Thanks…